Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Second Week...

Well, another couple of marvelous days here in Neuchatel, Switzerland! I have been able to do a lot of reading, writing, knitting and eating... so I really can't complain! It's been a wonderful week so far. The weather cleared up, so it has been nice and warm. On Monday, we had a fun french class, and then I went to lunch with a girl in my class who is from Greece. We talked for a long time about Greek culture and her life back at home, so it was very interesting and educational. I now I REALLY want to go to Greece! She showed me a couple of pictures, and it just looks phenomenal. So after class, I was in the travelling mood, so I picked up my "Rick Steve's Guide to Switzerland" book, and read up on all that there is to do here. My list of places to visit in Switzerland has become rather lengthy. And then I did some knitting, some reading, and some journaling. All in all, it was just a very relaxing and enjoyable day.

Tuesday was even warmer, and lots of fun! After class, I did a wee bit of shopping. I got some chocolate, some cookies, and lots of postcards to send out. I also just wandered around town and went into lots of the little shops. I ate lunch at a little patisserie downtown, and had some quiche and a little vanilla pastry that was spectacular. The woman there was so sweet and nice, and it just made my day! So when I came home, Cedric asked if I wanted to go with him and the boys up into the mountains to luge. I didn't fully understand what we were doing (because I didn't realize you could luge without ice...), so I agreed. So, we drove a little ways up to the Vue des Alpes and ended up at this really cool place where you can go luging (I don't know if that's actually a word, but I will use it as one). So, Cedric had one of the boys and I had the other, and we got into these little luge cars and the cable carried us up to the top of the track. When you get to the top, you just push the handle forward to go fast, and pull it back to slow down. It was awesome! It was a little scary at first, but by the second and third time, it was just so much fun! The boys liked going fast, so we were cruisin'. It was a blast! The view was gorgeous, the owner of the place was very friendly, and it was just lots and lots and lots of fun!

So today was a very warm day, and I was able to take full advantage of it! I didn't have class this morning, so I slept in and did a lot more reading and writing. After that, I went with Marie to meet up with Cedric and the boys for lunch. It was delicious and I had another one of those marvelous raspberry tarts. So after that, I went to meet up with my friend from Greece, and we had planned on going biking, but it was just too hot. So, we went swimming in the lake instead. It was awesome! The water is clear and beautiful. It was a little cold at first, but once I got used to it, I didn't want to get out. It was a very pleasant afternoon down by the lake. After that, I came home to eat some spectacular fish (thank you very much Cedric... it was delicious. Especially the little ones from the lake). And now here I am. Sitting in my bed and writing this blog. But I am very tired from all of the excitement of these past couple of days, so I will go ahead and finish this up so I can go to bed.

All in all, I am lovin' it here in Neuchatel. Everything would be perfect if I could just transport my friends and family over, and be fluent in french already... but other than that, I am very very happy as is!

1 comment:

Ty and Molly said...

Lindsay-

I am so happy that you are blogging! I love reading your updates and am so happy that you are loving life in Switzerland. Both Ty and I are so proud of you for being so full of adventure and independence. Keep blogging and check out our blog so you can see baby when he/she gets here.

Best, Molly