Monday, July 21, 2008

Enjoying the slower pace of life...

Well, I haven't written any posts in the past couple of days, because I really haven't done all that much, and it has been wonderful! I have been able to do A LOT of sleeping, reading, knitting and journaling these past several days, which I enjoy very much. It is nice to be able to walk slowly down the streets and not worry about coordinating my schedule around tons of different activities. So, I am really enjoying this change of pace.

My french class is going well, and I am having a lot of fun in it. We do all kinds of random and fun activities, and so it's a new approach to learning a language that I really like. There is a lot of speaking that takes place during these activities, so that is often a good boost of confidence. It is still kind of overwhelming, and still very exhausting, but I am enjoying working on my french.

The weather has been gorgeous here, so that is very pleasant. It is sunny and warm, but not too hot and humid. I was able to roam around downtown on one of the afternoons last week, so that was relaxing and enjoyable. I couldn't find the stationary that I was looking for downtown, so I just ended up buying some paper and markers. I will just have to be creative and make little notes to send home to people... But I found the paper and markers at this place called Co-Op City. It is a branch of Co-Op, which is one of only a few "grocery stores" here in Switzerland. It is like a department store, and has all kinds of wonderful things for relatively cheap. That includes chocolate and other wonderful Swiss treats, so I will have to avoid going in there too often!

Well, again... nothing extraordinary to report on. But it has been a very pleasant past couple of days. I have lots of time to relax and catch up on sleep, so I am more than happy about that!

No comments: