Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I uploaded a few more pictures today, so I figured I might as well go ahead and write a little about my morning, because it was lot of fun! So, my french class is divided into 2 segments. The first 2 hours are focused on grammar, while the second couple of hours are more focused on speaking, and we do lots of random activities that are lots of fun. So today, our class met downtown at the "Place-Pury", which is like the center of the town. We got into groups of 4, and were given scavenger hunts to complete. I absolutely LOVE scavenger hunts, so I got pretty excited. Of course, we made it into a competition, so it was even more exciting :). We had to go around and ask questions of the vendors and customers at the little farmer's market that was going on. There were questions about the products, the market, and the history of Neuchatel. It was fun to talk to people, and everyone was so friendly and helpful. Well, our group finished first, so we went and turned our paper in. "Apparently" we had an answer wrong, so we went back out and spend another 30 minutes trying to get the right answer. We kept getting the same response over and over again. Well, turns out our professor had misread the answer... so, meanwhile, another group turned in their answers, and were declared the winners, but technically, we all know who won :). So, even though we had to settle for second place, it was still a blast! Our class got done pretty early, so I went and had coffee with my friend here from Greece. I had a cafe au lait, and it was amazing. So, that was my morning. It was lots of fun, but I am exhausted frrom all that stress of the scavenger hunt, so I think I shall go take a nap...

No comments: